Enforcements Caring. Compassionate. Driven.

Cypress Enforcements Lawyer

Helping Enforce Your Divorce Decree Throughout the Woodlands and Surrounding Areas

Achieving a divorce settlement and finalizing it is a process that frequently requires a lot of time and effort and commonly results in a lot of headaches for everyone involved. Unfortunately, your troubles might not end there if your former spouse fails to comply with the terms. At The Pollard Firm, PLLC in Cypress, we are committed to helping individuals enforce the terms of their divorce decree, so they can finally move forward.

Reach out to The Pollard Firm, today at (832) 864-9296 to set up an initial phone consultation.

How Can I Enforce My Divorce Decree?

After all the work that went into successfully finalizing your divorce, your former spouse’s noncompliance with the terms can make you feel frustrated and hopeless. However, you can take legal action to enforce it and our attorney will guide you through it.

If your ex-spouse fails to comply with the terms of your divorce decree, you can file a motion for contempt of court, a copy of which must be served to your former spouse. Within the motion, you must specify which areas of your divorce decree your ex-spouse is not in compliance with. You will have the burden of proof, however, so you must collect as much evidence as possible.

Below are some of the most commonly violated divorce terms:

If you can successfully prove that your former spouse violated one or more of these items ordered in your divorce decree, a judge can potentially order jail time for as long as the contempt endures. In most cases, however, a judge will usually give the non-compliant party a chance to rectify the violation.

Depending on why your former spouse failed to comply with the divorce decree, he or she may not be subject to jail time. For example, if your ex involuntarily became unemployed or developed a disability, it is unlikely a judge will order jail time.

Contact Our Experienced Cypress Family Law Services

If your former spouse is not in compliance with the terms of your divorce decree, you must take legal action. At The Pollard Firm, PLLC in Cypress, our experienced family law firm will assist you throughout this process and help you achieve a resolution as swiftly as possible. You spent enough time on finalizing your divorce, so we understand how frustrating this experience must be and will do what we can to ease your burdens and stress by providing you with the exceptional legal support our team is known for.

Take the first step toward enforcing the terms of your divorce decree by reaching out to our Cypressfamily law office at (832) 864-9296 to set up a initial phone consultation with our trusted attorney.

Why Choose The Pollard Firm, PLLC

Personalized Attention for Your Unique Case
  • Family Helping Family

    The best interests of you and your family are the main priority. It's the core of our work.

  • Tailored Solutions for Your Case

    Your story and situation deserve personalized attention. Every case is different.

  • We're in This Together

    Teamwork and collaboration help create favorable results. You'll be guided every step of the way.

  • Communication is Key

    You will always be informed about your case. Have questions? You can always contact your attorney directly.

Let's Get Started

Schedule Your Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.